I almost skipped this one because I worried it was too similar to my recent post about perfect reading spots/book nooks. But I figured, why not try it anyways and see if I can come up with enough places that I enjoy reading? I’m a little worried I won’t be able to make it, so wish me luck!
(If you aren’t familiar with Top Ten Tuesday, it is a weekly meme hosted over at That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week a new theme is posted and bloggers take that theme and write a blog post inspired by it. It’s a lot of fun and a really great way to get some inspiration for what to write. Often the Top Ten Tuesday prompts give me tons of other great ideas for future blog posts, which is really great and I’m very thankful for that.)
Favourite Places To Read
- My couch. Probably where I read the most, it’s just my default lounging spot.
- My bed. Mostly only if I’m getting ready to sleep. Otherwise I’m on the couch, since I’m not a huge fan of reading while laying down.
- In a car on a road trip (assuming I’m not driving of course.) I’ve always been pretty lucky to never be the type to get sick while reading in a car, which I’m thankful for.
- In the waiting room at the doctor/hospital. Ok so maybe this isn’t a favourite, per se, but it’s one I’ve been doing a lot lately so it belongs on the list.
- Outside on my deck. Just in general outside in nature is one of my favourite places to read, and this is one of the best options I have at the moment, other than…
- In the park. Luckily there is one very close to my house and I can easily go there to read.
- In the bathtub. Although I do have to be careful because I’m clumsy and I don’t want to ruin my books. A waterproof e-reader cover would probably be a good idea but I haven’t gotten there yet.
- While working out. Yes this may seem like a weird one to many and no I haven’t done it in a long while (I’m not working out at all at the moment!) but I do read quite often while putting in my time on the treadmill or the exercise bike. I feel like it’s efficient and it helps pass the time, so it’s a win/win for me.
…I think I’m stuck.
I will round out my list with 2 locations I would like to read a book, but have never had the opportunity:
- On a sailboat. I have no idea WHY, but I find the idea really appealing.
- On a tropical beach somewhere, ideally with a fruity drink nearby.
Alright, there is my list. A little less creative than the last one of these that I did, but I like doing Top Ten Tuesdays so I figured I’d give it a shot! Leave me a comment with a link to yours, I’d love to see everyone else’s response to this prompt!
Have a great day! Stay safe & healthy! Happy reading!